Glasgow School of Art Range
Bruce was commissioned in 2003 to produce six new chairs for the Director’s Room at the Glasgow School of Art. The originals had been in daily use since 1904 and were showing the signs of wear and tear.
In 2005 Bruce was then asked to produce a replica of the Board Room Chair for approval and subsequently he received the order of twelve Board Room Chairs to replace the originals. It was decided to protect the original chairs within the Mackintosh museum. It is the first time Mackintosh furniture has been replaced at the Art School, a commission that Bruce is very proud of.
As with the six Director’s Room Chairs the Board Room Chairs will be given identification numbers and subsequent chairs commissioned will be numbered and certified by the Art School.Request Quote